Friday, April 20, 2012

Fragrance Friday: Miss Dior Eau Fraîche







Hey Beauties

Today is time for the first Fragrance Friday! I chose for the newest exciting (and not) fragrance release from this spring, the new Miss Dior: Eau Fraîche.

My all time favorite perfume is Miss Dior (Chérie) L'eau since it's release in Spring 2009. I bought it and it became my signature scent since then.  I'm that type of person that has a very strong nose, and I've been obsessed with perfumes since I was little, I always wanted to be a perfume maker ;) So that means that scents bring back memories for me, and the L'eau one, has a lot of memories.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to repurchase the Miss Dior L'eau, I wanted to have the big bottle now ;) But when I came in the store I saw the new Miss Dior and no L'eau. I was so devastated, the girl of the store said that Miss Dior L'eau has been discontinued and that they have the new Miss Dior Eau Fraîche as a replacement. Dior did this because they wanted that all the fragrances from the Miss Dior line become one family, not the same, but similar with some twists. They also changed the name Miss Dior Chérie into Miss Dior (as a tribute to the first one in 1947).
Luckily they had 1 bottle of Miss Dior L'eau left but I also tried out the new one. I really like the new scent, because it is in the same family, and all the notes they use in the Miss Dior family are my favorite scents. The 2 scents are similar but the new one is more powdery and they added patchouli to be more sensual and to become one family with the eau de parfum and eau de toilette. What I miss in the new one is the fresh orangy touch to it. What is similar are the Gardenia flowers. And what I really love is the Bergamot.

If you love the Miss Dior family, if you love powdery scents and very important if you like patchouli then you will definitely love the perfume, but if you're not a big fan of patchouli then you won't like it that much because after a while you smell the patchouli pretty good (since it's the base note)

Top Notes: Citruses, Galbanum, Bergamot
Middle Notes: Jasmine and Gardenia (I really like Jasmine too)
Base Notes: Patchouli

This is how Dior describe it: A youthful fragrance created for a stylish, audacious and subtly seductive woman, Miss Dior Eau Fraîche is a dazzling display of lightness and elegance. 

Created by François Demachy, Miss Dior Eau Fraîche is a chic veil of freshness with a chypre signature underscored by the addition of Indonesian Patchouli.

A delicate blend of Calabrian Bergamot and vibrant Gardenia highlighted by fresh and luminous Indonesian Patchouli, Miss Dior Eau Fraiche is a sunny, springlike and eternally elegant scent.


I really like this fragrance, although L'eau is my favorite one. It's very similar to the L'eau one but it's deeper, more powdery and more sensual but still fresh and sunny! This is definitely on my wishlist!



So what do you guys think? Don't you think it sounds delicious? Will you try it out! Let me know in the comments below and let me also know what your favorite notes are in perfumes!

The fragrance is available as 50 ml and 100 ml.

Have a beautiful and fun weekend and don't forget to smell delicious ;)

xoxo Blair

3 comments:

  1. I might try it out! The bottle looks cute and if the smell lingers for a while is a plus for me since I don't have to keep spraying to have the scent still on me. Can't wait for the next Fragrance Friday!!

    Xo Jojo

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the bottle is very cute ;) And the smell of the patchouli is pretty noticeable, still after a while :)
      I'm glad you like the Fragrance Friday :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Excellent and spot on description. I too had MDC L'eau as my signature scent and only now am i realizing it's discontinued:( I have eau fraiche and I dont' think they smell teh same at all. Similar, but you're right about it being deeper and more powdery.

    ReplyDelete