Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bronze Goddess: Review: Self-Tanners, my "Self-Tan" routine


Hi Lovelies

It's Summertime, and I'm so excited ! It's my favorite season. I love the fashion and the sultry summer nights, the beach, and of course ...bronzed skin is my key essential to my summer look. I'm the type of girl that loves sun bathing, I don't mind it's too hot I just love it. But you have to be really careful with laying out in the sun. A lot of my friends thing it's good to be sunburned, because it turn brown after a couple of days, some of them do not wear sunscreen because they think they won't tan if they have it on. This is so wrong and very dangerous. It damages your skin, it ages your skin and you can get skin cancer.

So if you want to be bronzed and pretty you better do it safe. Today's post is going to show you the safest way.... self tanner.

Step 1

Obviously take a shower, because it's kinda gross to apply self tanner when you're dirty and sweaty ;) The key to get a beautiful bronzed effect is: SCRUB! Normally I scrub my whole body, but when I already have a natural tan I don't want to scrub it off, so I only scrub the dry and uneven areas of my body. I scrub my elbows, knees and ankles and I gently scrub my upper-arm and thighs. 

I use the Sephora brand body scrub in Monoï Tiaré, It's cheap and it does it's job and I love the smell it's the perfect summer smell!!!
   

Step 2

Time for self-tanner. I use a actual self-tanner when I want to have a real tan, so when my self-tanner fades or when my natural tan fades I'll use the L'Oréal Paris Express Pro Self-tanning dry mist. Sometimes I use it once a week, in summer probably not so much since I'm getting a natural tan.

I really love and recommend this product. It dries really fast so you don't have wait and let it dry. It has a ultra wide diffusion spray which will give you an even and streak-free tan. It doesn't have that self-tanner smell to it which is good.
The only downside: Your feet tend to get more tan because it the mist falls easily on them and it doesn't really last me a long time which is annoying.


Step 3

I let the dry mist dry just a tiny bit and then I apply a thin layer of the L'Oréal  Nutrisummer gradual bronzing lotion. I love it, it smells good, although it has that self-tanner smell, It's very lightweight, it dries pretty fast, it's moisturizing and it gives you an instant glow because there are tiny shimmers in it ;) I try to use every other day after showering.



And voila you're a bronze goddess with affordable products. I just came to the conclusion I only use L'Oréal  products, when I run out of these I'll definitely try out something new :)
I'm not doing this every week, sometimes when I'm tan enough I stop this routine for a week or so.

I hope you enjoyed this and that it was helpful and let me know what your favorite self-tanners are!

xoxo Blair

1 comment:

  1. Great post!
    Maybe want to follow each other? Let me know ^^

    XX Tali
    http://hersecondskintali.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete