Thursday, May 3, 2012

Healthy Living: Diet

2h9ctozapds_large

Hey lovelies

I'm having a cold and I'm feeling a little miserable lately, but I can say that I've been eating healthy! I'm not really doing a specific diet, because I'm really bad at that, I just made up some rules and guidelines to follow, and so far it has been pretty easy. I'm not on a crash diet or I don't have a weight goal.

My Diet Rules:
  • Drink 1,5 liters or 8 glasses of water a day
  • No sodas, alcohol, or any kind of very sugared drinks, also no coffee
  • Avoid sugar and fat: no cookies, candy, chocolate, potato chips, fries, pizza, premade food,...
  • Eat at least 1 piece of fruit a day
  • Drink at least 2 cups of tea a day (green or black)
  • Think fresh: try as much as possible to eat fresh food
  • If you like pasta, like I do, I would suggest to eat it once a week, but you have to eat the whole grain pasta
  • I love bread, but always eat brown bread  
  • I love chocolate, so as a snack I love to eat a cracker with some light chocolate spread
  • Count calories! This will keep make you realize with what you're eating and how much calories there are in a type of food.
I guess these are all my rules, I'll also show you what a menu would look like for a day.

Menu:
  • Breakfast: 2 slices of brown bread with Peanut butter, light jam (I need something sweet ;p), 1 glass of fresh orange juice and a cup of tea or a bowl of muesli with chopped bananas or a smoothie,...
  • Lunch: 2 slices of brown bread with chicken slices and tomatoes (or another vegetable) with some olive oil and balsamico
  • Dinner: Fish with potatoes and spinach or a salad with shrimps or chicken with rice and vegetables, just get creative with vegetables, chicken, fish,...
  • Between meals: a cup of tea, water, cracker with light choco

I also would suggest to cheat once a week, Saturday or Sunday, I love oreo's so I would eat that, or I'm going to Titanic 3d so I'll eat popcorn!! (Which is actually a healthy snack if you're making it yourself with a tiny bit of sugar)

These are just some rules and guidelines, but no specefic meals and recipes, I'll post some meals that I eat, like a smoothie or salad, so look forward to that!

So I hope you enjoyed this and let me know below what your favorite rules are to diet/eat healthy and what you favorite healthy meal/snack,... is.

xoxo B.

No comments:

Post a Comment